Sentinel – EMPLOYER Access
With the revival of construction activities, and among the list of sanitary measures required, is the obligation by workers to answer a questionnaire with 3 simple questions:
The Sentinel platform allows each employee in your organization to complete this simple questionnaire from the comfort of their home on their computer or tablet before leaving the house, or on their mobile phone on the way or upon arriving at the site.
To allow each of your employees to respond to the form daily, it will be required that every one of them create their "employee" profile beforehand.The procedure is explained in section 2.
Before employees can create their profile, you must first create a "Company" profile. The term "business" is taken in the broad sense. It can be an organization, a division, a team, a physical location, offices, etc. The idea is that each entity created has a sufficient number of employees so that the validation of all forms received for a given day is easily verifiable.
Each "company" will have a contact person. This person can be a worker themselves and must therefore enter their form daily. The contact could also be a generic email representing "the business" which could then be viewed by different people. For example, it would be simple to create hotmail or gmail addresses for each "business" profile used, whose password would be accessible to several people in the organization.
When creating a business, you are assigned a unique identifier. It is important to take note of this information. This identifier is used to link employees to the company.
Section 1- Creating a Company Profile
You must first connect to the Sentinel platform: https://www.jobsentinel.ca
- Click on CREATE YOUR PROFILE.
- Choose Company and complete the questionnaire. An email will be sent to you immediately afterwards, so that you may confirm and validate the registration.
The password required must be at least 6 characters long and contain both letters and numbers.
The Employee Number is the number of the person responsible for the company's account.
- Once completed, click on SUBSCRIBE.
- Go check your emails. Once received, a link will bring you back to the platform to confirm your registration.
If for some reason you do not receive the email, please check your spam folder.
- The easiest way is to click on the link that brings you back to the platform and confirm your registration. It is however possible to copy the code in the email and paste it into the confirmation code cell.
- The following page will open, and you just have to click on SEND to complete the registration of your company.
- You will then access the management page of the Company profile.
- You are now ready to start using it as a business manager. This allows you to enter the form yourself, and to consult the forms entered under this company profile.
The information identified as the Company ID is a code unique to the creation of your company profile. Each of your employees will have to identify this code in their profile; a code that will link your employees to your profile.
When on the company page, your Company ID will always be displayed under the menu, as indicated by the red arrow in the previous image.
Inviting your Employees
Once your registration is complete, you can invite your employees to register.
To do so, it is recommended to send an email to the latter, following this form. Do not forget to include your ID.
If you prefer to take charge of creating the your employee's profiles, it is possible to do so. Here is the procedure:
- Create a profile with your email, by following the full procedure.
- Put a generic password.
- Go to the "Edit profile" option.
- Modify the email for your employee's and memorize it.
- The profile now uses your employee's email. Send them the information.
- Repeat for each employee.
It is possible, for your Company profiles, to identify a manager as the one responsible of said profile. They will, therefore, be able to enter their own questionnaire. A better method, however, is the following:
- Create an @gmail or @hotmail email address for each or your Company profiles and use them to create said profiles.
- Ask of your managers to have an Employee profile, same as the other group members.
- Your managers will be abe to access Sentinel with both profiles. On their mobile devices, they could access both profiles on different browsers, to avoid having to connect and disconnect every single time.
The other advantage of this method is that your manager can change. That way, this method avoids problems, especially if a Company profile is created for each project.
Entering the Form
As manager of the "Company" profile, you also have the option of filling out the form. To do this, simply select "Questionnaire" at the top of the page. The details of the operation are covered in the document "Employee Documentation".
Section 2 - Information Accessible to the Employer
As an employer, you have access to the forms completed by the employees attached to your “employer” profile; those with the same identifier. You will be able to filter by day, allowing you to quickly check whether your employees have submitted their daily form.
If you must synchronize this information with other internal data of your organization, it is possible to extract the data in an Excel file.
It can also be a good practice to extract this daily and weekly, and to keep these files in your internal files.
Modification Date: August, 05 2020